Millions of users out there are now selling products in WordPress. If you are one of them I believe you are also trying various methods to maximize your website revenue. Today I’m going to show you a simple method that is proven and very effective for increasing revenue online.
Things to Consider
Here are some of the things that we usually take into consideration:
- Targeted traffic (User who will be interested in your products)
- More page views (It increases the chance that a user will buy something)
- Page SEO (Following the best practice)
- In-page optimization (Things that will convince a user into buying your products)
- Ad Campaigns
and so on.
There is nothing wrong with any of them. The only problem is that they require at least one thing from you.
- Time and effort
- Marketing Skills
- Advanced SEO Knowledge
Can you do something that will sort of run passively and won’t be so time consuming? – Let other people promote your products.
Affiliate Marketing in WordPress
I’m sure you have heard this term before. Affiliate marketing is a performance-based marketing where you reward the affiliate (the person who refers users to your site) for bringing you customers. The reason for using the word “customer” is that the affiliate will get commission only when a visitor purchases from your store.
Benefits of Affiliate Marketing
- Affiliates send the traffic to your site (you don’t have to work so hard to bring that extra traffic)
- Visitors referred by an affiliate will be very targeted (your affiliate may have written a review on your product and the user has just landed on your site upon reading that review)
- It costs you nothing. The affiliate will only get a percentage of the sale (which you wouldn’t get in the first place)
- It increases your revenue exponentially (with more and more affiliates signing for the affiliate program your sale will only go up)
- It works like an ad campaign (except for the fact that you wouldn’t have to invest any money to run a campaign)
How to Set up an Affiliate Platform in WordPress
It’s very easy to set up an affiliate platform in WordPress. You just simply install a plugin which manages affiliate accounts and award commission to affiliates automatically. I personally like the WP Affiliate Platform plugin. This plugin has been out there for a very long time. In fact, it’s one of the first affiliate plugins. It has integration option with almost all the major e-commerce shopping cart plugins.
All you need to do is install the plugin and your website will be ready for an affiliate program (the plugin creates the necessary pages for you automatically). I’m sure people will notice and eventually sign up for it.