If you are a small business owner you probably need an attractive and functional website. But you may not have a lot of time and money to spend on it. In this tutorial I will walk you through everything you need to do to set up and operate an effective WordPress site on bluehost.
It is important to know that simply building a beautiful website will not make it successful. You need visitors and the best way to bring them to your site is to optimize your site for search engines (e.g. Google, Yahoo, Bing) also known as SEO (Search Engine Optimization). Fortunately WordPress follows the best coding practice to make your website SEO friendly.
1. Go to the bluehost homepage and click on the login button.
2. Enter your primary domain, password and click “submit”.
3. You will be redirected to the bluehost control panel. It has a lot of great tools in it. But we will just install WordPress for now (under website).
4. This will take you to the mojo marketplace where you can find a bunch of professional thems and plugins for your website. You can skip this step by clicking on the Install button.
5. Select which domain to install WordPress to and click “Check Domain”.
6. WordPress will then check the domain to make sure that nothing else is installed on it. If there is a previous install it will ask if you want to override it.
7. Once it’s finished checking the domain you get two options. Click on “Show advanced options” to customize your site title, username and password. You might at least want to change the name of your site and username (By default WordPress sets your email as the username).
WordPress generates a very secure password. So you can leave that field as it is.
However, if you do wish to change the password please make sure that it is strong and you can remember it (you can write it down somewhere). In order to make a password strong you can include capital letters, numbers or symbols in it.
8. Agree to the terms and conditions and click on the “Install Now” button.
9. Mojo will now start installing WordPress. You might see a popup window suggesting themes for your website. You can just click out of that and Your install should be complete.
Now you can login to your WordPress admin dashboard and start setting up your website on bluehost.