Google Adsense allows you to earn revenue by showing relevant ads on your website for your content. If your website is running on WordPress like mine, you can easily enable Google Adsense on it with a few simple steps.
Why Using Google Adsense?
- Free and one of the biggest advertising networks online.
- No need to maintain individual relationships with advertisers. Google Adsense gives you access to its massive advertiser pool.
- Variety of ads available to go with your niche.
- Advertisers can precisely target their audiences, which means more revenue for you as a publisher.
- Control what type of ads can be shown on your site – meaning a better experience for your users.
- Ads are automatically resized on mobile devices.
- Adsense reporting tools provide performance data so you can analyze how ads are performing on your site.
Google Adsense Ad Unit Configuration
In order to display ads on your site, you will need to first create ad units in your Adsense account. When you create an ad unit you can customize various things such as size, color, type. Upon saving the ad unit you will be provided with a piece of code that you can simply copy and paste into your website (where you wish to show this ad unit).
Google Adsense Plugin for WordPress
Currently, there are many Adsense plugins for WordPress but I prefer the one developed by naa986. The best thing about this plugin is that everything is automated. You don’t have to manually create an ad unit or paste the code into your site. In fact, placing ads may not be so simple sometimes when you need to insert the code into the header or footer of your theme.
Installing Google Adsense Plugin for WordPress
You can install it directly from your admin dashboard (Plugins->Add New) by searching with the keyword “Google Adsense“. Alternatively, you can manually download it on your computer and install using the Plugins uploader (Plugins->Add New->Upload Plugin).
Google Adsense Plugin Settings
After installing the plugin go to the settings menu to enter your AdSense publisher ID.
You can find your publisher ID by logging into your Google AdSense account.
You will also need to enable Auto Ads in your AdSense account.
When enabling Auto ads you can select what type of ads will appear on your site.
That’s it! Google will scan your site and detect places where ads will perform better.
It might take awhile for the ads to appear on your site but the setup is complete. Don’t forget to regularly check your Adsense account to see how ads are performing.