Simple Maintenance is a lightweight WordPress plugin which allows you to show a sleek maintenance page to the visitors while your website is undergoing maintenance.
Simple Maintenance Info
- Clean HTML and CSS layout
- Responsive maintenance mode page
- No customizations required
- Easier to manage as the maintenance mode can be turned on by activating the plugin
- Notify the search engine crawler that the site is down for a limited period of time
- A self-hosted WordPress site running on a WordPress optimized environment like SiteGround.
- Login to your WordPress admin dashboard
- Go to Plugins->Add New
- Enter Simple Maintenance in the search box
- Once you find the plugin hit the install button
- Download the zip version of the plugin
- Go to Plugins->Add New and switch to the Upload tab
- Select the zip file on your computer
- Upload and install it
- Download the zip file and extract it
- Connect to your website via FTP (you can use a software like Filezilla to transfer files to your server) and browse to the “/wp-content/plugins” folder
- Select the folder containing the plugin files on your computer and upload it
- Once all the files have been uploaded to your web server you can activate the plugin from the Plugins menu (WordPress admin dashboard)
Simple Maintenance Demo
To enable maintenance mode simply keep the plugin activated.