This plugin enables Universal Google Analytics tracking on your WordPress site. A new set of features was introduced in Universal analytics which changes the way data is collected in your Google Analytics account. It will help you get a better understanding of how users interact with your website content.
Why Using This Plugin?
I was thinking of enabling Google Analytics on this website. However, I failed to find any simple and lightweight WordPress plugin that would do the job. Most popular Google Analytics plugins offer too many features that I don’t intend to use. I also don’t know if they will negatively impact the SEO of my website. I’m sure there are other webmasters like me who are concerned about SEO.
Instead of taking any risks I developed this plugin from scratch. All it does is save your Google Analytics ID in the settings and insert the required analytics code into every page automatically when it loads (based on Google’s recommended methods). I also made it a bit smart so it doesn’t track your actions when you are logged in as an administrator or an editor.
Simple Universal Google Analytics Info
- A self-hosted WordPress site running on a WordPress optimized environment like SiteGround.
You can install the plugin in one of the following ways:
Option 1 (Quick installation)
- Go to “Plugins->Add New” from your WordPress admin dashboard
- Search for “Simple Universal Google Analytics”
- Click Install once you have found it
Option 2 (Manual installation)
- Download the zip version of the plugin
- Go to “Plugins->Add New”
- Click “Upload Plugin”
- Select the zip file on your computer
- Install it
Google Analytics Tracking
Once you have installed the plugin,
1) Go to the settings menu of the plugin (Settings->Google Analytics).
2) Enter the Universal Analytics ID of your website (you should be able to find it in your Google Analytics account).
3) Click “Save Changes”.
And you are done. Universal Google Analytics should be live on your website now. Please check your analytics account to make sure it’s receiving the tracking data. If your website gets traffic regularly it should appear in your Google Analytics account within 2-3 days.